3rdSpace is a very different concept. It is, however, a very simple one, which we hope will resonate with those of you who simply want more for your professional and social enviornment. We are a “private club for the creative”, described less by what it is as by what it’s becoming by our rapidly growing community of talented change makers, problem solvers, startups, entrepreneurs, and thinkers in America’s Finest city.
By day, Co-Working is a natural component to 3rdSpace. Increasingly, freelancers, startups and entrepreneurs of all sorts are seeking alternate work spaces to their homes and coffee shops. Communal environments where they can build relationships and work among other innovators. But the creative class demands much more than common walls to share among like-minded professionals, or cool places to be “alone together”. This can be the case in coffee shops and even co-working and incubator spaces. We’ve all observed an increasing value and demand for the cross pollination of ideas, resources and inspiration. We believe that collaboration is much more than a trendy word, and is not achieved by the mere mention of it in a mission statement. Neither is it something that happens when you stick people in a room and tell them to go collaborate. The flowering of ideas, innovation and inspiration, whether in a society or an individual, happens in more organic, fertile environments of connectivity and activity. Our unique concept fosters both to help you realize your own creative potential and that which emerges from the 3rdSpace community.
Our members get much more than a hip and stimulating place in which to work or hang out (and we promise you won’t be disappointed by the physical space).
There are no permanent/dedicated desks at 3rdSpace (see “dedicated work space” below). We keep the atmosphere very relaxed. which is very conducive to both productivity and connectivity. It’s a great alternative to your home office, favorite coffee shop or even existing “co-working space.” An inspiring space to work and focus or just a fun space to hang out among other cool entrepreneurs. You’ll love to do both here. Our membership model is designed as an economically inclusive, but creatively exclusive community, made up of those who share a common passion for innovation, creation, and change. We keep the price point extremely low to attract a larger community of members. Our goal is to become a hub for co-workers, freelancers, start-ups, inventors, thinkers, TEDsters, designers, writers, artists, musicians, and creators of every kind.
DEDICATED WORK SPACE
For those who require their own dedicated desk, we do have an exclusive coworking space carved out of the front of 3rdSpace just for such purpose. And what a space it is! This is a small, one of-a-kind location, superbly located right in front of the University Heights sign and the entrance to 3rdSpace. Perfect for growing businesses or freelancers requiring prominent visibility and fashionable location. Price is only $250 per desk, and includes full access membership to 3S. You won’t beat this price at competing co-working spaces. Limited to 8 desks, so please contact us to see if one is available. Click here for details.
Events are an integral part of the 3S experience, so we encourage our members themselves to host a variety of events, activities and salons that will serve as an extra catalyst for connectivity and conversation.
These include discussions, meetups, workshops, parties, mixers,networking events, brainstorming, ongoing conversation,coffee, food, wine, art shows, design shows, contests, playing instruments, playing games, playing vinyls, or just playing. It’s your 3rdSpace. Your space to create. Your space to connect.
If you’re an event organizer, our goal for you and your 3S events is much the same as that for our co-working/entrepreneurial community. We are not an “event venue” available for rent. Our events are put on by members, and we are seeking those who will be a part of our community of change makers, helping to raise the creative bar in San Diego. We want those who come to a 3S event to walk away with an experience they have never had, and one they will never forget. Whether you’re putting on art shows, music, poetry, workshops, or something that doesn’t yet have a name, we are seeking those members who join our community in pushing the limits of what is possible, what is interesting, what is totally original, and what is cool.
EVENINGS AND WEEKENDS
The vision for 3rdSpace is to provide a great alternative to coffee shops, restaurants and bars. A Space that’s more conducive to conversation, where you can just bring your own beer and wine, and even your own food, while enjoying a great atmosphere without the huge cost. We provide a “limited access” membership to those who wish to simply hang out with like-minded people to exchange thoughts, ideas and just good conversation. We hold regular public discussions and salons, too, and encourage our members to continue those conversations or any other at the Space. And take your time…We won’t give you dirty looks for camping out. Really, make yourself at home in a Space where every seat is the best seat in the house.
If you are so intrigued by our philosophy and just can’t read enough about it, you might enjoy the 3rdSpace MANIFESTO, written to our members
- Stylish mid century modern clubhouse.
- VIP lounge. Comfortable private lounge right next to the University Heights sign on Park Blvd. Great for meetings, discussions, reading, writing, or just chilling out with a glass of scotch, spinning a Stones vinyl on our vintage record consul (Bring your own scotch).
- Conference Room. Large, cheerful and first rate conference Room with original Eames conference table, classic Barcelona chairs
- Two HD projectors (conference room, gallery space) with Apple TV (for wireless mirroring)
- Book exchange library.
- Full kitchen with stove, refrigerator and bar counters for eating, visiting or working
- Work stations
- 50 BPS WIFI connection
- Wireless Printer
- Use of 5000 SF facility for large scale events (Select events only)
- Member profile page on our website (coming soon).
- Members only newsletter
- Cross promotional opportunities
- Networking. Effective networking means much more than exchanging elevator pitches and business cards. Our goal for our members is to create an experience that will foster meaningful and substantive connections and relationships.
- That said, you’ll also get invited to the exclusive networking events we host, where you can exchange business cards and elevator pitches.
- Membership to our private Facebook Group
- Kickstarter Services (for select kickstarter campaigns)
- facilitated discussions and Meetups.
- Members only events – including socials, discussions, workshops, show & tell, think tanks, movie nights, etc.
- Free entry (or big discounts) to 3rdSpace shows, seminars, workshops
- Discounts to local bars, coffee shops, restaurants, other clubs and organizations.
About Our Creative Space. Every seat is the best seat in the house
- Natural light and open space abound in the chic industrial area that once was a “dye house” in the ‘30s. Very inspiring to work, write, draw, or think of your next big idea
- Countertops and barstools on the mezzanine offer a great vantage point of the space below and palm trees outside. This is a great spot to read, write, or work on your laptop, while enjoying the cool ocean breeze from our open air louvered wall.
- Cozy booths, beanbags, and couches help create a very comfortable, and relaxed atmosphere. We even have pads to sit on the oversized staircase to help you feel at home
- Work stations. Prefer something that feels more like a desk? Ok, we have these cool work stations, complete with rolling desk chairs and desk lamps. There you go. These modular stations collapse and roll out for events
- Maker space. This is your space to, well, make shit. Art projects, inventing, prototyping, or just tinkering. You’ll love this bright, cheerful space, covered in natural light, paint stains, and scraps of everythings. Hackers welcome!
- Treadmill whiteboard desk. It doesn’t look fancy, but it’s pretty damned cool. Need to think, get some oxygen in your brain, jot down some random thoughts or type your novel while burning calories? Here you go…. (this was made in our maker space, of course, by one of our members).
- Great art. Not your everyday folk art hanging on our gallery walls. Your clients will appreciate our selection of great art by select local artists who exhibit in our monthly TRIART, The Next Art Show.
Located right underneath the University Heights sign, 3rdSpace is right in the thick of one of San Diego’s most soulful and fun urban neighborhoods. Nearby establishments: Small Bar, Lei Lounge, El Zarape, Twiggs, Lestat’s, and Monica’s in The Park to name a few. Your exclusive membership will enjoy an inspiring work and social environment, a fun, intelligent, ambitious and unassuming community, invitations to exclusive events and discussions, space for your own exclusive events, and a 3RD space to call your own.
- Cost of membership is only $125.00.
- Month to month
- Discounts for 3 and 6 month advance payments.
- $50.00 per month limited access plans are also available.